Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is the best way to paint a cheap wood-veneer bookcase?

I've got a bookcase from Ikea that I would like to paint. It is birch veneer. What kind of paint should I use? will I need to sand it first?What is the best way to paint a cheap wood-veneer bookcase?
I'm not sure if you can paint veneer. You would definitely have to sand it first. Be sure and paint it with primer after sanding. If the primer will stick your paint will also. You might want to try it in a hidden spot before you tackle the whole thing. If painting won't work, you could buy one of those kits that uses the torn paper and polyurethane adhesive. I'm not sure what it's called, but most places like Lowes, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart carry it.(Fairly inexpensive) This stuff will stick to anything and will provide a durable finish. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment