Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can you paint over wood paneling? sounds dumb, but I am a novice trying to sell my house?

Start out by cleaning the paneling well. Then apply a coat of liquid sandpaper to rough up the paneling (the primer and paint will adhere better if you do this). Then prime, and paint as usual. I did my entire living room this way, and haven't had any problems with flaking paint.Can you paint over wood paneling? sounds dumb, but I am a novice trying to sell my house?
You can, but if it looks like painted wood paneling, no one really wants that either. The best thing you can do would be to get some wood filler, and fill in the little grooves between the panels so you can't tell that its paneling anymore, and then paint over it. It looks a million times better that way.Can you paint over wood paneling? sounds dumb, but I am a novice trying to sell my house?
I have had great success painting over wood paneling!! Priming is a must before applying any paint. I have always used Kilz with great results! It seems to have terrific adhesion and provides a good surface to apply paint to. Good luck!!
Yes you can actually,But you have to prime it first.so that the paint stays but it actually gives the wall it's own pattern just choose a nice color or paint like an eggshell like you would in an apt.
Absolutely. You will want to clean it really well. Wiping it down with a de-glosser would be a good idea. Use good ventilation if you do that. Use a good primer first and paint away.
You can, but it makes the room look cheesy

No comments:

Post a Comment