Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is the best paint to use on wood?...framing a painting?

I have afew all-ready streched canvas paintings I would like to eventually sell. Before I do, I wish to frame them and have them ready for show. A friend suggested to me, that I should buy my own lumber and build the frames from scratch.





I was just wondering what kind of paint would be best for wood?What is the best paint to use on wood?...framing a painting?
Make sure you prime it first whatever paint you use!!What is the best paint to use on wood?...framing a painting?
Latex is a great paint to use. It is water-based, which means clean-up is easy!
Eileen J is right; it is a lot of trouble but once in a while a painting calls for a certain home-made frame. Prime it first, and use the same artist paint you used in the picture. I have made and painted my own frames at times and used gold leaf on one...see the result...http://www.artwanted.com/imageview.cfm?i鈥?/a>
i don't think you'll get any good answers on here. i would recommend going to a hardware/paint store and talking to someone there. i went to EBS and they were very helpful
Undercoat and gloss or use acrylic.
Thats a lot of trouble to make a frame...wouldn't you rather just buy one?


I would do them different colors for the different choices you think are good for colors in the art work


I would prime them first


I would use flat paint
Each picture may vary a little...so glossy on one and flat or semi-gloss on another. You can always paint the with glossy finish first...then spray on a satin or semi-gloss clear coat over the other to dull it down if it's too shiny.





One more thing...when you make the frame...and the joints are not together....fill them in with putty before you paint them...it looks cheap when not built right.
Hi,





If your canvases are inline with the usual standard measures, maybe you'd be better buying them.


I wished I could buy frames for the price you can buy in USA.


The major art suppliers carry many and for great prices.


I could list some but I don't want to go agains't rules.


There's a supplier that even lets you try their frames online.


You upload your work and then try it with their frames.


If you want to know which one, just contact me.





Kind regards,





Jos茅


http://sitekreator.com/hushcolours/index鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment