Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I remove acrylic paint stains from wood?

I am attempting to remove acrylic paint stains from a plywood object. The object is very small-dollhouse furniture, and I am trying to restore it to sell it online. I applied q-tips with acetone and windex and most of it was removed, but there is still staining. Any cheap or household products to remove all traces of the paint with?How do I remove acrylic paint stains from wood?
can you lightly sand it with a fine grit paper 220 and maybe tough up the stain color ...if the paint is in the grain you might not be able to completely remove it, but perhaps mask it ?How do I remove acrylic paint stains from wood?
Goof- off The small size sells at Home Depot or Lowes or Wal-Mart for about 4bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment