Saturday, February 27, 2010

How can you paint over laminate wood panelled walls? Is it possible?

Hi!





I'm decorating/painting a friends apartment and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about painting! Remember those old laminate wood panelled walls from the eighties? Well half of the walls are covered in it. I want to do a good job with this space, I was considering gluing material to the laminate but I didn't even know if THAT would stick. I need a paint expert please.





Thanks so very much in advance.How can you paint over laminate wood panelled walls? Is it possible?
Try stain kill first then use a good paint over it. Hope this helped !How can you paint over laminate wood panelled walls? Is it possible?
I think you can, but you have to do a lot of prep work on the surface (sanding, priming). I would recommend you stop by your local Home Depot or Ace Hardware %26amp; talk to one of the experts. They usually have helpful brochures.

No comments:

Post a Comment