Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Should I paint my wood trims around the house or replace them with new white trims?which would take less time?

I am considering repainting all my wood stained trims in my house as well as the window sills and possibly the doors. White seems to be the current trend in trims these days. I just wanna know if repainting would be the best option or replacing them with white trims is better(tho i know id have to repaint the trims anyways)???Should I paint my wood trims around the house or replace them with new white trims?which would take less time?
Don't know how big your house is, but removing, replacing, caulking, priming %26amp; painting trim is a lot more time consuming %26amp; expensive than just caulking, priming %26amp; painting what you've got.





Unless the moldings are damaged, there' no reason to replace them.





Even though I am in that business, I would counsel a customer against replacement when painting accomplishes the same thing.








Good luck...Should I paint my wood trims around the house or replace them with new white trims?which would take less time?
i would replace them if you dont mind spending a little money. that way you dont have to go through the taping/painting process. and then they will look new and professional.
Whether you replace or paint is dependant on the trim you have now.


If in good overall shape,paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment