Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want to paint a wood coffee table? How should I paint it? Is there are special techniques I should use?

Sand it with a low grade sandpaper to get all the deep scratches out if there is any.Follow that by a high grade or fine sandpaper to give it a smooth finish. Wipe all the dust off and use a primer for first coat, Then use your desired color.That way the color will stay even.I want to paint a wood coffee table? How should I paint it? Is there are special techniques I should use?
wipe it down with paint thiner, let it dry, then paint it,I want to paint a wood coffee table? How should I paint it? Is there are special techniques I should use?
They have all kinds of DIY kits for refinising and finishing furniture at the hardware store of your choice.
Paint thinner is a good idea, but I prefer fast dry lacquer thinner. You usually don't have to do any sanding if you use it.
If you are painting it....make sure the surface is clean of any oils....you might want to sand it a little too, so the surface will be scuffed up which helps the paint adhere.





Usually on tables...I flip them over and refinish the bottom first....then once it dries you can flip it back over and finish the top.....that way you don't have to mess up the top if you finished it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment