Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have powerwashed an old wood shed. the paint is still flaking off when I run a putty knife over it.?

what kind of primer should I spray to bond all of that old crap(latex)?I have powerwashed an old wood shed. the paint is still flaking off when I run a putty knife over it.?
Forget primer until you've scraped and rewashed, preferably not with a powerwasher. Consider at least backpriming the inside of the shed.I have powerwashed an old wood shed. the paint is still flaking off when I run a putty knife over it.?
We just finished doing an old shed this summer and it was pressure washed first then we scraped %26amp; sanded until all the paint was gone.


Now it looks great after we painted it.


I think the secret is scraping %26amp; sanding and lots of elbow grease!!!


Good Luck!
You may want to scrape it down and go over it with a oil base primer and paint.
' When you power wash wood of course the wood is wet ,and will swell with moisture,,this will cause the old paint to be loosened , and when the wood drys it will shrink , and then the paint will start to chip, scrape as much as you can off ,then sand down the edges of the old paint ,smooth as possible and use oil primer %26amp; oil finish... It's not good to put latex paint on top of oil paint,,,it does'nt want to bond ( scrape %26amp; sand) prep work is the key to a great paint job

No comments:

Post a Comment