Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I paint my solid wood bedroom suit black?

I have a solid wood bedroom suit but the color of the wood doesn't go with my room and I want to paint it black. I want to be able to do it myself but don't want to ruin it. What steps do I take and what products do I need?How do I paint my solid wood bedroom suit black?
Well to start if it has a finish you will want to sand it down before you whip out your paint brush. This can be very tedious and tiring. You might want to consider getting an electric sander or the attachments for your drill if you have one. It will make the task easier and faster.





Then you can do a black solid paint or you could consider doing a black stain. The said will keep that wood looking appeal but give you the color you are looking for. It's up to you. Hope this helps and good luck!How do I paint my solid wood bedroom suit black?
does your wood have any paint or stains on it now? you can try to remove it with different products (if its paint), or if its stain i think its permanent but you could probably just paint over it. i would use the paint rollers to paint it, but i've also seen people use those paint guns to paint faster.





but here are the steps i would use if i was going to paint on unsealed wood:





1.add a sealant to the wood (i think it would give a more uniform coat this way)


2. let dry


3. add paint


4. let dry


5. repeat if necessary
why do u want to paint ur bedroom black? hm...okay well...





sand it down to make sure there are no weird cracks or bumps on the walls, like tape from pictures or whatever... then start painting because then the paint will stick to the wood better and it will look faboulous when it drys.





i just dont get why everyone is painting things black? lol gothic?..
first you need to have everything clean properly from dust, then get a bonding primer and cover entire area evenly, let fully dry, then if its furniture you should use glossy paint.
I wouldn't paint your suit, I would use dye or perhaps just buy a nice jacket to wear with the pants when you are in your bedroom.
Products


1. Black paint


2. Paint brush





Steps:


1. Dip brush in paint


2. Wipe on things u wants painted

No comments:

Post a Comment